Monday 7 January 2013

Etsy Review // Fruitful Feet


                                                                              // Etsy

Hi there guys! Today I would like to introduce you to Sandra. She runs an awesome shop on etsy, with lots of of cute hand-painted shoes. And she was so kind to answer a few questions for me. I hope you check out her shop, and are as inspired by her work as I am.

When did you first start your Etsy shop?
I started my Etsy shop in December 2010. At first, I just did it for fun...and I really didn't sell anything for about 8 months. But, it is getting larger daily and I just hired 4 people to work with me. I have TOMS coming out of my ears...in a good way! :)
The Skittles - Rainbow and Cream Custom TOMS
What's your biggest inspiration when it comes to designing your shoes?
I'm inspired by the simple things. We have a local store in town that sells really pretty things...pretty much anything and everything that glitters. Whenever I go in there, I am ALWAYS inspired to make something new. :)

And I'm also ALWAYS inspired around 2:00-3:00 in the morning. My brain is usually running a mile a minute when I am trying to sleep, so I always keep a pen and drawing pad by my bed to sketch my ideas. Sometimes I even get up and start painting!

What materials do you use?
I use Acrylic, Sharpies, Paint Pens, and Glitter (Sometimes). I love love LOVE glitter...so I try to use it whenever I can! ;)

What do you think makes your shop unique from others?
My shop is unique because customers may purchase any design they would like. If they can dream it, I can paint it.

and why did you start Fruitful Feet in the first place?
The Iris - Teal and Cream Custom TOMSWell, I used to teach high school English. I taught for two years, but didn't really enjoy it. It wasn't my passion and I was really just going for the paycheck (even though teacher's don't get paid that much...ha). I majored in English and minored in Art, but I never thought I would get an art job anywhere, so I stuck with English. Since, I wasn't really using my creative side, I would always do artistic projects on the side. Then I started an Etsy store (while I was still teaching) and it just took off from there. I quit my job...and the orders have been rolling in! I never thought it would be this profitable--to be able to quit my teaching job, but God has been with me every step of the way! :) It is a scary process because I never know how much I will make month to month, but He always provides. :)

Thank you so much for letting me interview you!


if you would like to have etsy shop featured on this blog please email me at:

cynthia_hacker@hotmail.com

Thanks Guys! Have an awesome week.

~ Emma-lee

1 comment:

  1. wow! what a cool shop!!! I want a pair of TOMS soooo badly.

    ReplyDelete